General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chondromalacia Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-02-28 6:16 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Georgia
Subject: Chondromalacia
Have had chronic chondromalacia for a few years, seems like it shows up anytime I lift something heavy, or put too much stress through the knee some how, resulting in sharp stabbing pain behind the kneecap. It makes stairs impossible for a few days depending on how bad the episode is. Wondering if anyone has had the surgery done, or other success stories perhaps?

2012-02-29 8:30 AM
in reply to: #4071518

User image

Pro
Twin Cities
Subject: RE: Chondromalacia
Have you gone through PT yet? What surgery? Microfracture? Debridment? Realignment?
2012-03-01 7:24 AM
in reply to: #4072323

User image

Extreme Veteran
Georgia
Subject: RE: Chondromalacia
mmrocker13 - 2012-02-29 8:30 AMHave you gone through PT yet? What surgery? Microfracture? Debridment? Realignment?
Just starting pt this week. I had a bad pt experience with deep calf needling for pf,resulting in locked up calf muscles, and long time spasms. Never had a single calf issue before the procedure. Anyway, I was on pt boycott after that. Now I'm ready to get started with strengthening and the ortho recommendation of isometrics. Not sure if surgery is an option at this point, they are trying conservative methods first of course , just thinking about plan b or c and getting an idea of options if strengthening exercises don't do the trick.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chondromalacia Rss Feed