General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie to endurance sports Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-02-29 8:35 PM

User image

Master
Grand Prairie
Subject: Newbie to endurance sports

Howdy,

I have posted a bit so far and thought is about time to introduce myself.

I am in my early thirties and until July last year my biggest excersize was going to the fridge.

In my peak I wheighted 275lbs at 6'6" (BMI 31.8), for some reason it was in the summer of 2011 when I decided that it was time to do sport.

At this time Borders was going out of business and I picked up for half price the "Marathoning for Mortals" book.

The book was so well written that I was getting hooked.

When looking for another running book I saw "Triathlon 101" and that was interesting as well.

So in September 2011, my wife and I signed up for the CowTown Half Marathon and decided that if we finish this one we will get Tri/Road-bikes.

The first steps where very difficult as my wife and I could not even run 2 miles.

This last sunday we finished the CowTown in 2:25:01.

Also did I drop my wheight down to the low 240 (BMI 28).

For this year we planned one race a month (including 2 sprint triathlons, a few half-marathons and finalizing the year with a marathon in December).

I am very data driven, so I enjoy tracking everything with my 310XT and trainingpeaks.

2012-02-29 8:53 PM
in reply to: #4074056

User image

New user

AHHH Kansas
Subject: RE: Newbie to endurance sports
Welcome! I'm also new to tri, and have only been running a few years now. I have a friend who just ran her first full at CowTown last weekend. I'm only 5'10" and had gotten up to 225lbs when I got off my rear! I was 33 then, and also got a bike soon after starting to run seriously. Best of luck in your training and races!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Newbie to endurance sports Rss Feed