General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fall Down Go Boom Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2004-06-14 8:58 AM
in reply to: #30474

Ashland, Ma
Subject: RE: Fall Down Go Boom
Brand spanking new bike just home from the bike shop, new clipless pedals and shoes, oh ya new bicyclist.....got on at my garage snapped in went the fifteen yards to the top of my driveway went to go on the road and a car came screaming (not really) around the corner I panicked went to put my feet down and some idiot had attached an entire bike to the soles of my feet........boom me fall down...........snapped out while still on the prone pony got up assessed my blood loss situation got on and headed down the road next corner ..........ditto.........car came around the corner I shifted gears in the wrong direction stalled crashed and burned..........

Brand new bike not so brand new anymore needed a new set of handlebars...........the old ones could have been a heavy metal band name.............Twisted Beyond Belief...........nice bruise on my chest.............My bike dealer said I had set a new time trial record for wrecking a bike.(didnt do much for my confidence).......... Jump forward several weeks and I just finished my longest ride in public on a busy trail area along the charles in Boston Massachusetts, I went 18 miles, with toatal confidence: traffic, red lights, crossings, pedestrians, geese,...............etc .............in the then and now time period I practiced in and out under all kinds of conditions in the safety of a large parking lot very early in the ams. Now I love them ...................good luck

2004-06-14 9:01 AM

Ashland, Ma
Sorry about the multiple posts............I am pretty much a newbie on the bulletin board thing also..............kind of like falling over on my bike in front of a bunch of people............boy do I look stupid ....lol
2004-06-14 9:04 AM

Ashland, Ma
Sorry this bulletin board posting is new to me also.................I dint think it took my submittal...............I got to add posting on bulletin boards to my training routine ............sorry for the repeats...lol
2004-06-14 9:34 AM

Regular
Lancaster Pa
Thank you for starting my day off on the right foot! I am so sorry that you crashed and burned so many times but I really laughed my butt off with you. I can sympathize with the crashing and burning. While talking to my son, who was riding his tricycle on the sidewalk, I went too slow and just fell over! We all sympathize, but we all laugh at it too! Good luck!
2004-06-14 10:22 AM
in reply to: #31208

User image

Expert
Mount Vernon, Iowa
There is such a thing as getting too good at falling. Coming home from the pool the other day on my back-up, banged-up hybrid, I was stuffing my swim cap in my pocket, taking a drink of water, generally not watching where I was going and my bike just fell over from my lack of paying attention to riding it. Instead of falling over with it I did this sort of leap over the handlebars and wound up standing in front of it. This is generally a good thing I guess, but I wish I'd get good at staying upright instead of getting good at falling.
2004-06-14 10:36 AM
in reply to: #31230

User image

Champion
Whizzzzzlandia
Silver member

LOL!!! You are quite the gymnast!

2004-06-14 12:25 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Midcoast, Maine
Hey bo right back at you,

I was approaching my road after a training run, my road is dirt in some cases relativly loose. When I'm using my road bike I usually walk the last 4 tenths of a mile to my house, but this time I went for it hoping to find a solid path to my driveway. I did real good, until reaching the rain deposited washboard at the bottom of my driveway. Front wheel stopped traveling and I managed to free my right foot only to fall to my left , foot still locked in. I didn't give up, swung my right foot over the bike and managed to land without eating dirt.....this time anyway! : )
2004-06-14 12:37 PM
in reply to: #31280

User image

Expert
Mount Vernon, Iowa
That's hilarious. I wish we had video of these moves.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fall Down Go Boom Rss Feed  

of 2