General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Placid IM - Looking to train with others Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-03-09 8:24 PM

User image

New user

Lake Placid, NY
Subject: Lake Placid IM - Looking to train with others

I'm currently training for the IM Lake Placid. Looking for anyone to Run, Bike and Swim with. (Pretty new to beginnertriathlete btw) I live up here full time and am looking to get on the course soon. I've been swimming at NCCC and Paul Smiths, Running outdoors, and biking on the trainer but the weather is getting warmer and will probably start biking outdoors in the next week or so. 

Let me know if your interested.

cheers

2012-03-10 1:46 PM
in reply to: #4089509

User image

Veteran
, New York
Subject: RE: Lake Placid IM - Looking to train with others

I used to be from the area, stuck in LI for grad school, but the one thing I would recommend is checking out the Adirondack Cycling Team.  They have some very well organized rides for all levels (including one or two centuries) and at least a few members are triathletes.  Also, have you looked into doing the Tinman? I'm doing LP too and Tupper Lake Tinman is a great practice race.

Oh, and if you don't already know about them, the Lake Placid monday night mini tris are a great way to meet other area triathletes and get to preview the course.  

Edited by elrasc06 2012-03-10 1:49 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Lake Placid IM - Looking to train with others Rss Feed