General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Laid off just in time for tri season! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-05-17 7:49 PM

User image

New user

Subject: Laid off just in time for tri season!
Hi everyone. I used to be a member but forgot my login, so here I am again. My last day of work (stupid Internet business) was April 28th and after 2 weeks in Costa Rica, I am ready to pick up where I left off. I just today decided to skip the sprint tri I was planning and do an Olympic (this is my third tri season).

I have a couple questions:
* Has anyone used any of the Olympic training plans and had success?
* How does one train for a triathlon and a running race (Hood to Coast, about 18 miles of running over 24 hours, end of Aug)?

Thanks!

Meg

2006-05-17 9:40 PM
in reply to: #426910

User image

Master
Central, IL
Subject: RE: Laid off just in time for tri season!
Congrats on the new career. I'm jealous!Let me be the first to welcome you back to BT! You have set some realistic and worthy goals. Congrats!I cannot answer your two questions but I did want to say HI and WELCOME BACK!
2006-05-17 11:32 PM

User image

New user

Thanks! I think my newfound freedom would be more enjoyable with an income, but alas--half of my "leisure" time is spent looking for and/or stressing about jobs! Know of anyone who needs an editor?

Meg
2006-05-18 5:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Utah
Welcome back to BT, hope you have luck with finding some employment soon. But you can always look at it this way, you have more time to train.

I can't answer your questions, but I will be interested in what responses you get. I am running the Wasatch Back Relay in Utah next month, it is 172 miles. I have been more heavy in my run training trying to prepare, and sometimes putting in two workouts a day. Good luck with Hood to Coast, I would love to try that one.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Laid off just in time for tri season! Rss Feed