General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi I am new Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-03-26 7:30 AM

Subject: Hi I am new
Hello everyone my name is Kimberly and I am new to all of this.  I am 43 yrs old and overweight.  I have diabeties and RA, but....I want to change.  I thought doing a spint would be a good goal to work up to.  At this point I do not mind if I do not even place I just want tosay I did it.  I have people who tell me that I cannot accomplish this and I want to prove them wrong.  So any advice or cheerleading you can give me is greatly appreciated.  I live in Laconia NH so if there is anyone out there in that area, I would love to meet up.  Thanks

2012-03-26 7:47 AM
in reply to: #4112925

User image

Expert
Tallahassee
Subject: RE: Hi I am new
Welcome!  Don't let anyone tell U that U can't do it...U can!  Enjoy the experience. 
2012-03-26 7:53 AM

User image

Master
Sunbury, Pennsylvania

Hi Kimberly! Welcome!

Whoever it is in your life that tells you that you cannot finish a sprint tri...... what is there to say but "haters gonna hate."

I confess, I don't know a thing about RA, but I can tell you, that I and many others who post here, have reversed type 2 diabetes in short order.

I'll tell you what I tell everyone. If you can change eating and start training all at once, go for it. If gradual changes work better for you, go that way. Just don't give yourself reasons to quit. Progress is progress. I lived by an all-or-nothing mentality for a long time, and it kept me squarely in the "nothing" column. I started training last year, and went from couch to olympic length in a year. I didn't lose any weight. But the confidence I gained from training and meeting goals was enough to help me over the hurdle of dealing with my food issues. Now I'm losing weight.

Whatever pace of change you find yourself in, there's someone here who has been there before.

2012-03-26 3:48 PM

User image

San Diego, CA

Congratulations on your new lifestlye choices!  Don't listen to anyone who says you can't!  Get out there, start swimming, biking, and running and sign up for that race.  I'm sure you will do fine! Most of us out here are in a similar boat where we aren't racing to win, just beat ourselves.  That is part of the fun in triathlon is that everything is so individual. 

This website is a great resource for training plans, advice, and encouragement when you need it most!  Best of luck to you!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi I am new Rss Feed