General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Azalea Festival Big Buddy 5k,10K Wilmington Info? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-03-29 3:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Grosse Pointe Woods
Subject: Azalea Festival Big Buddy 5k,10K Wilmington Info?
Heading down to Myrtle Beach from Michigan for the kids break and wanted to stop a couple of hours north on the way down and hit a race the morning of 4/7 before continuing on.  Wilmington seemed like a good spot, so my wife and I are registered for this:  http://www.azaleafestivalbigbuddy5k.com/index.html  I am having a hard time finding any info on the event to gauge size, etc.  We'll have to race day packet pick up and are staying only a few miles away.  The difference between a tiny race and a big race means an extra 1/2 hour of sleep (and more or less waiting around at packet PU).  I'd also like to see a course map or here a little about the course.  Any info would be appreciated.  THANKS!

2012-03-29 4:12 PM
in reply to: #4119579

User image

Veteran
Southern Pines, NC
Subject: RE: Azalea Festival Big Buddy 5k,10K Wilmington Info?

I'm not familiar with that particular race, but I just ran a marathon that ended at Mayfaire Shopping Center and I can tell you that the course will be flat. Based on previous year's pictures, it doesn't look like a very big event.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

2012-03-29 7:50 PM
in reply to: #4119612

User image

Extreme Veteran
Grosse Pointe Woods
Subject: RE: Azalea Festival Big Buddy 5k,10K Wilmington Info?
sci - 2012-03-29 4:12 PM

I'm not familiar with that particular race, but I just ran a marathon that ended at Mayfaire Shopping Center and I can tell you that the course will be flat. Based on previous year's pictures, it doesn't look like a very big event.

Good luck and enjoy your vacation.

THANKS for the quick reply!!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Azalea Festival Big Buddy 5k,10K Wilmington Info? Rss Feed