General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Boerne Lake OWS in the morning Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-04-06 7:42 PM

User image

Master
San Antone, Texas
Subject: Boerne Lake OWS in the morning
I'll be out at Boerne Lake tomorrow morning with the Tri-Sition crew at 0800 for OWS and a 30-40 mile ride if anyone is game!  PM me and i'll send you my cell #

2012-04-07 1:57 PM
in reply to: #4134831

User image

Subject: RE: Boerne Lake OWS in the morning
I wanted to go out there, but my husband had surgery yesterday and I would have had to bring the kids with me and swim with both of them. Usually one of us will go with my daughter and the other with my son. Being just one person makes it hard to stay with both of them in the water. Instead, we went out to McAllister park for the SARR monthly fun run. It consisted of a kids 100, a .5 mile, 1 mile and then 5k run. It's a little easier to do that by myself than go out to the lake. Hope you had fun - I know we did!!

Edited by mmez 2012-04-07 1:58 PM
2012-04-07 7:12 PM

User image

Master
San Antone, Texas

I heard that SARR run was really cool. I should take the family out to it sometime.

The lake was great, tons of people out there today getting their S/B/R on.

2012-04-07 8:33 PM

User image

Did you get out to the pfive55 event on 5 April out at Boerne Lake? I wanted to do it, but considering I had my mother-in-laws funeral on Tuesday and my husbands surgery on Friday, it just didn't happen. I did a lot of the OWS out at Boerne last summer. Tri-Sition Area is GREAT! They are really supportive!
2012-04-08 8:46 AM
in reply to: #4136026

User image

Master
San Antone, Texas

mmez - 2012-04-07 8:33 PM Did you get out to the pfive55 event on 5 April out at Boerne Lake? I wanted to do it, but considering I had my mother-in-laws funeral on Tuesday and my husbands surgery on Friday, it just didn't happen. I did a lot of the OWS out at Boerne last summer. Tri-Sition Area is GREAT! They are really supportive!

I didn't this month, but I did that event last September.  I think it was their inaugural event at the time.  It was really alot of fun, although the run course was really confusing and we all messed up and skipped a portion of it because of that.

But a good deal for $25!

You're right about Tri-Sition, those are some good folks there.  I saw Lorena out in a kayak in the morning helping some people swim who were quite nervous and she was giving them wonderful support.  Then I went into the store later in the afternoon with my wife to get a tri-suit for her first ever tri and there was Lorena, being supportive as ever and helping my wife find the right suit for her.

That store deserves tons of support for everything they do.

2012-04-08 3:32 PM
in reply to: #4136470

User image

djastroman - 2012-04-08 8:46 AM

I didn't this month, but I did that event last September.  I think it was their inaugural event at the time.  It was really alot of fun, although the run course was really confusing and we all messed up and skipped a portion of it because of that.

But a good deal for $25!

You're right about Tri-Sition, those are some good folks there.  I saw Lorena out in a kayak in the morning helping some people swim who were quite nervous and she was giving them wonderful support.  Then I went into the store later in the afternoon with my wife to get a tri-suit for her first ever tri and there was Lorena, being supportive as ever and helping my wife find the right suit for her.

Hey! We must have been out there together - I did the September event and it was my first multi-sport event! I was the last one out there, and yes, the run course was a little short BUT the swim was a lot LONG!!

2012-04-08 8:44 PM
in reply to: #4136855

User image

Master
San Antone, Texas
mmez - 2012-04-08 3:32 PM
djastroman - 2012-04-08 8:46 AM

But a good deal for $25!

Hey! We must have been out there together - I did the September event and it was my first multi-sport event! I was the last one out there, and yes, the run course was a little short BUT the swim was a lot LONG!!

Yeah the swim was too long!  I mentioned it to the organizers as soon as I saw the time coming out.  I think I remember you, as I remember talking to someone who mentioned it was their first multi sport event.  I was joking that I was glad I wouldn't be the first out of the water because the run directions the RD was giving confused me (and everyone else), and then wouldn't you know, I was second out of the water and first out of transition and ended up getting every one lost!

That definitely made for a memorable race.  I wish it weren't during week nights though, that makes it tough to get to.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Boerne Lake OWS in the morning Rss Feed