General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tuna Run 200 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-04-10 7:59 PM

User image

Veteran
Carolina Beach
Subject: Tuna Run 200

Anyone have any experience with this race?  I've looked at the website and it seems pretty simple and straight forward but it looks like this is the first year of the event.  I saw no records of past finishers on the website and the course has not been finalized.  I'm just wondering if anyone has participated in this race but maybe it was called something different?  It starts in Lake Benson Park, Garner, NC and ends in Atlantic Beach, NC.  Any information would be helpful.  I'm thinking about putting together a team for this but thought I would do a little asking around first.  Thanks!

2012-04-11 11:00 AM
in reply to: #4142124

User image

The Original
Raleigh/Durham
Subject: RE: Tuna Run 200

I've researched it as well. It seems like their website is still lacking some information- i.e. course map and detailed information about the different legs.  I'm just wondering how well organized it would be??  It seems like a watered down Ragnar that probably with time will gain popularity.  I'm definitely not opposed to smaller races though- sometimes they are more fun since they're more laid back.  I'd love to get a team together but want to know the course details before even throwing the idea out there.

It sounds like a lot of fun!  I guess it couldn't be too bad- running 200 miles with your closest friends and ending up at the beach

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tuna Run 200 Rss Feed