General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Going to do it this time Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-04-16 9:30 PM

User image

Subject: Going to do it this time

So after various excuses of one sort or another of varying levels of legitimacy I'm giving this a shot again. I've been wanting to do a tri since 2008 but for one reason or another have yet to accomplish that. This year (one way or another) I know I'm finally going to do that. I've started training again though quite slowly and not yet on any kind of schedule, just trying to see how different things feel. I just participated in the Team RWB Tri Camp in Austin this past weekend and know this is something I can now do. I just may need some help and encouragement along the way and someone to give me a swift kick from time to time to keep going. Looking forward to getting into this more.

Rob

2012-04-16 9:53 PM
in reply to: #4154744

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Going to do it this time

awesome that's half the job,making the decision!

Next sign up for a tri - any distance doesn't matter.  That way you got something to aim for, and you can start a proper training plan (try one of those offered on BT)

good luck!

2012-04-17 2:34 PM

User image

Expert
Mastic Beach, NY

Rob welcome to BT and that is awesome that you are going to give triathlon a shot. You will find there is a lot of info here to help you out. The people here are very supportive and helpful. You should check out the mentoring programs as well.

2012-04-17 5:23 PM

User image

Veteran
Tempe, Arizona

Hi Rob,

Decision made, so sign up for one now.... it certainly motivated me for my first tri!  I've never looked back and I did my 4th sprint tri on Sunday (it was sooooooo much fun, and I'm still wildly grinning right now!).  I also had a couple of tri friends at work, who were always there to give me a proverbial "swift kick up the backside" but also give me lots of encouragement.  However, I'm sure that all of us BT'ers can help out in that area tooWink

Good luck and have fun with your training (even when you're swearing under your breath)!

2012-04-17 7:50 PM

User image

Thank all for the welcome. Definitely need to look around the site more and of course do some more training!
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Going to do it this time Rss Feed