General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Feeler: Specialized Shiv SRAM PRO Frameset + Addt'l - $ Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
SOLD
2012-04-24 10:04 AM

Subject: Feeler: Specialized Shiv SRAM PRO Frameset + Addt'l - $

Posted this over on ST, but posting here too.

Might be getting a brand new Specialized Shiv Pro this week, but I don't want any part of the big S and I might have to end up buying it once it arrives. So, sending out a feeler to get ready to sell it immediately as soon as it is in my possession. 

What would be included: 

SMALL Frameset + fork 
Both reversible seat posts 
DT Swiss 2.0 wheelset 

Everything listed below is from the option of buying the Shiv Pro bike itself and will be included as well with both things listed above: 
Carbon crank in 170mm 
Integrated stem and all its attachments 
Model specific carbon aerobars/base bar/ pads 
Model specific aero brakeset 
Romin EVO Expert w/ Ti rails 
http://www.specialized.com/...1101&scname=Road for more detailed information on the specific names of the items 

Basically the only thing that you would need to complete the bike is a gruppo minus the crank and brakes. I could possibly give an ultegra/dura ace(shifters) gruppo with profile design brake levers to complete the bike too. 

2012-04-24 5:24 PM
in reply to: #4169437

Subject: RE: Feeler: Specialized Shiv SRAM PRO Frameset + Addt'l - $

Not a feeler anymore. Updated details. Also, changed stuff so it's a better deal for both parties and less confusing to transfer all the components and stuff.

Actually, if anyone is interested, the whole bike in its entirety with complete SRAM Red gruppo is up for sale at $4,500 shipped (unless shipping accounts for >$150). This is a 2012 Specialized SHIV PRO SRAM Red in size SMALL. I just want to get rid of this ASAP. To get ready for my race in 2 1/2 weeks and... 

Customer service. Or the total lack of. Supposed to be delivered March 11 and not one attempt by Specialized at contacting me over the course of six weeks even with repeated requests. The one time they did, it was after I said I would cancel the order. Suddenly the bike is ready and shipped. It's when I wanted my thousands back (just sitting in their account doing nothing to my knowledge), they reacted. One email saying ANYTHING over the past month and a half would have changed the whole situation. 

I would much rather not represent a bike company that I don't support at every event or training ride I attend. 

The bike arrived last week Friday, but it got confirmed that it's "here here" today. I think the bike is being built right now at my LBS, but I could tell them to pack it up again. Immediately up for sale and can be delivered to a carrier by the end of whichever business day if notified several hours before 5PM AZ time. I'll keep this sale up until the end of the day tomorrow. Otherwise, I guess I have to ride this with masking tape covering all the logos. 

2012-04-24 5:35 PM
in reply to: #4170695

i'm confused. How do you end up with a bike you don't want? Ok, it arrived later than you anticipated and communication was poor... but specialized is kind of known for that (and they aren't the only bike company known for it). Why didn't you actually cancel the order?

It always puzzles me when people sell brand new bikes I guess. Maybe I wish i had the expendable $$ to buy a super bike and decide the next month I don't want it.

2012-04-25 10:09 AM
in reply to: #4169437

After some thought, I'm just plain old tired from this all occurring and I'm going to take delivery of the bike. I just hope someone at Specialized sees this and gets that you shouldn't just sell a great product without the other essentials that come along with the experience of buying a bike. Don't wait until someone is going to cancel to respond just because there's a high demand for your product, at least give them or their LBS a response regarding the whole situation. Whether it be "We really don't know, but we're trying to get this out to you ASAP" or "Thanks for your patience, but we have a process in place called the Grassroots method... (before I'm about to cancel)". It's just frustrating how this experience has been so different from any other I've had. Never had something close to this happen. From buying a car that was made specifically for me and shipped across the world (tracking info, e-mail updates, letters from corporate itself; sure a bit overboard, but they kept me up to date) or back in the day buying an Xbox. Etc. All high demand products with exemplary, greatly satisfying customer service. I just hope the after purchase experience is much better.

However, if someone is still interested, the bike will have been ridden once for fitting between now and tonight.
Sell Gear
SOLD
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Feeler: Specialized Shiv SRAM PRO Frameset + Addt'l - $ Rss Feed