General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Skin burning sensation - anyone ever have this? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-05-03 11:26 AM

User image

Subject: Skin burning sensation - anyone ever have this?

OK, I am headed to a doc for this, but can't get in for a few days.  Not really tri related, but wondering if anyone had anything similar.  THere's an area just below my armpit, say at nearly the top of my rib cage, but below the hairline, that when I tuck my arm into the that side and pull down, there is a very sharp burning pain that occurs.  Only slightly sensitive to the touch.  It's definitely skin level.  There are a couple very small red dots in the area, but there's nothing obvious about the skin in that area.  Been happening for about 10 -14 days, has not gotten worse in the last 2-4 days, but not better either. 

Hurts when I start out running as the loose skin there sort of sags on itself, or when I drive over a bumpy section of the road.  It's not friction with the arm.

I know it's kinda vague... anyone ever experience anything like this?

2012-05-03 12:44 PM
in reply to: #4188371

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Minnesota
Subject: RE: Skin burning sensation - anyone ever have this?
Possibly  nerve related?  I had a tricep injury about 2 years ago and the skin over the tricep felt like it hurt,especially when a shirt rubbed over it, almost a "creepy, crawly feeling).  It's taken about 2 years and I still know it's there.  Friends wife is a Nurse practitioner and she said it could take me years to fully heal if it's nerve related.  
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Skin burning sensation - anyone ever have this? Rss Feed