General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hours of sleep? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-05-05 10:50 PM

Regular
Alberta, Canada
Subject: Hours of sleep?
I am currently working night shift, do I don't sleep that much as it is! But what is the benefit ratio to cutting back on training to catch a few more zzz's or should I just say hey I don't feel like sleeping legs log some miles

I work 14hrs a day (very sedentary)

2012-05-05 10:54 PM
in reply to: #4192941

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Hours of sleep?
Your body needs how much sleep it needs.  You can't trade in exercise credits--in fact that will probably make you need more sleep.
2012-05-06 2:45 AM
in reply to: #4192941

User image

Subject: RE: Hours of sleep?

I work a night shift too! My shifts are only 8 hours, but I also have a part time job and go to school full time so my sleep pattern is WAY out of funk. I don't know how long you've been doing this, but it took me a long time to adjust. In the beginning, I was able to function without the sleep but the first six months of my job (been at it for two now) I was really sick and nauseous all the time- lost twenty pounds because I could hardly stomach food!

With that said, now a days my body operates just fine on 4 hours of sleep minimum, 5 or 6 if I'm lucky! I don't notice it affecting my training, probably because it is the only reality I know. I do often wonder though if I would feel a difference if I slept like a normal person. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hours of sleep? Rss Feed