General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Squishy Shoes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-06-14 3:09 PM

Veteran
Keller, TX
Subject: Squishy Shoes

I am a prolific sweat-er.  The Texas heat and humidity don't help matters much.

After about 45 minutes or so of running, my shoes are so soaked with sweat that they squish - just as if I ran through water for a while.  The sound doesn't bother me so much, but I have hard time believing that this doesn't impact my feet.  And the shoes get pretty heavy, too.

Anyone out there with similar experience or suggestions?  Some of the race shoes seem like they might be an option, but based on some of the reviews I've read I don't know how well they hold up.

Any insights would be appreciated.

TB

2004-06-14 5:55 PM
in reply to: #31333

User image

Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: Squishy Shoes
I sweat a ton, too (in Dallas)... the shaved legs help it stream right down there into my shoes too.

Couple of things:

1. I've switched to a running shoe with some very light mesh on the sides that breathes extremely well (mizuno somethingorother)
2. I try to wear socks that are not made entirely from cotton - I usually wear one of my sets cycling socks.
3. I *always* let my shoes dry out before running in them again

< shrug >

might help

Edited by KPA 2004-06-14 5:56 PM
2004-06-14 6:12 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2004-06-14 10:52 PM

Veteran
Keller, TX
Subject: RE: Squishy Shoes

Sweat is definitely running down the body into the shoes - the feet sweat, but not nearly that much.

Been wearing air-e-ator defeet socks, so no cotton.

No blisters yet, thank God.  Just never have had this much sweat in my shoes before.  Oh well, if that's the worst that I encounter, I'm truly blessed.

Maybe if I run faster, the wind will cool me off quicker and there will be less moisture . . .

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Squishy Shoes Rss Feed