General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I AM a n00b... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-05-28 5:50 PM

User image

New user

San Francisco, CA
Subject: I AM a n00b...
Hello Out There!

My name is Keith, I am Type I Diabetic and I AM a noob.

My Doctors have told me its time to add some intense physical fitness to my life and after much research and reading, I have set a personal goal to complete the TriCalifornia Treasure Island Sprint Triathalon. It is on November 5th, 2006 so I have given myself plenty of time to train for it.

I live in Northern California (Bay Area!!) so I can pretty much train all year round. I have recently added a brand new Carbon Fiber Fuji Team Cycle to my collection of "toys" and look to get the most out of it I can.

Standing 6'0" and weighing in around 155 lbs. the goal is not to lose weight but to tone and build a healthier body while maintaining and controlling my Diabetes (Like a good monkey should).

Today I joined the site with a Gold Membership (Gotta do it right the first time....always) and started my first training day (Couch to Sprint) after much practice and telling myself, I will start tomorrow for a few weeks ;-) So here I am, after swimming for 12-15 minutes and running another 10 minutes, feeling like I was in a fight with Mr. Tyson.. But I know it is all good.

I look forward to training with you guys...

Keith

Edited by KeithLaFaver 2006-05-28 6:09 PM

2006-05-28 6:47 PM
in reply to: #436708

User image

Expert
McKinney, TX
Subject: RE: I AM a n00b...
Welcome to BT, Keith!  You'll find a lot of very supportive and helpful people on this site.  Good luck in training and with the DM! 
2006-05-28 8:13 PM
in reply to: #436708

User image

Veteran
Utah
Subject: RE: I AM a n00b...
Welcome to BT, and good luck with the training, sounds like you are going about things the right way.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » I AM a n00b... Rss Feed