General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello, newbie from NY Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-05-16 9:04 PM

New user

Subject: Hello, newbie from NY

Just started training for my first triathlon (a sprint on long island).  I have run for many years (though have not recently due to back issues).  Decided to try triathlon to get more diversified exercise (i have no muscle strength outside of the few I use for running) and for the challenge of it (I can't do more than a lap or two without being out of breath and am about the same on the bike.)

I know it is just a sprint but still a bit nervous about getting up to speed on swimming and biking (and getting back into running), but looking forward to the challenge.  This forum has been a great help already and I will probably have a lot more questions along the way (apologies in advance for the newbie questions.)

Thanks for all the advice and inspiration.

Peter

2012-05-17 12:34 AM
in reply to: #4214023

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Hello, newbie from NY
Hey Peter, welcome to BT and triathlon!  Lots of great info here, and don't worry about newbie questions, the more you ask, the more you learn!  Check out the Beginner link (just under the 'Programs' button at top of the page) for some good articles and info.
2012-05-17 6:05 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ballston Spa, NY
Welcome, where in NY?
2012-05-18 7:08 AM

New user

Thanks for the advice, I missed the beginners link. Looks like a lot of great content, I will be busy tonight!

For the swim I am taking private lessons given how important technique is, but for the others I am reading everything I can find.

And I am on long island, in great neck. If anyone has any suggestions on good places for biking I would appreciate it. Lot of traffic in the area.

Thanks,
Peter
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello, newbie from NY Rss Feed