General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mighty Man North Fork Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-05-29 11:08 AM

Subject: Mighty Man North Fork

I am doing this race for the first time.  Any advice/suggestions? It is my second one - did the mini mighty man pool tri in April.

Thank you!

2012-05-29 1:21 PM
in reply to: #4233311

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Mighty Man North Fork

Havent done this specific race, but be sure to prepare for all the usual "first time" stuff even though this is technicaly your second.

ie: practice OWS, practice with wetsuit, Practice OWS, and just have fun and not worry about time for the first "real" tri...by the way practice OWS lol

Maybe others who have done this race will give you specifics about the event/race course, but eventpower typically puts on a good race

check on this site under races and see if there is a race report for it.

good luck

2012-05-30 11:48 AM

If you're talking about the one the weekend after July 4, I'm doing it too...it's my first one. A friend who's done it before said it's actually a very nice, chill race, but be prepared for jellyfish. 

See you there!

2012-06-06 1:29 PM

User image

New user

mighty nofo is fun, fast and a great starter race. the swim can be interesting if the tide is low you can stand up the whole way, however don't count on it. also be prepared to run along the bay beach out of transition - it can be a little rough on the legs after a fast 8 mi (really it's about 7.1mi) bike. the run course loops once around a nice neighbourhood in Southold and there is a water station around the halfway mark. a couple of gentle rolling hills that may be tough in the heat, all in all a fun race. sometimes there are jellies but it's marginal if you're wearing a suit.
2012-06-07 10:03 PM

User image

New York

My home town!  Enjoy the race, it's a beautiful area!  

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mighty Man North Fork Rss Feed