General Discussion Triathlon Talk » worried about warm water no wetsuit (Newbie) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-06-15 11:18 PM

User image

Expert
Lake Geneva
Subject: worried about warm water no wetsuit (Newbie)
Hi! I am starting to worry about the no wetsuit swiming thing. I just started getting comfortable with swimming in a wetsuit and really like it. I swim in a pool, but the lake I practice in isn't warm enough, (whine whine).

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Jeanne
P.S. I guess I should state that I'm new to the whole swimming thing. The farthest I've gone in a pool is 22 laps (25m pool)

Edited by jeanneroth 2004-06-15 11:19 PM

2004-06-16 4:47 PM
in reply to: #31665

User image

Regular
Dallas, TX
Subject: RE: worried about warm water no wetsuit (Newbie)
I had the same thing happen. No one at my race last weekend was wearing a wetsuit, so I felt silly wearing my full body one. It turned out ok, I didn't swim as fast as I had been in my wetsuit, but I didn't drown, and that was my number one fear.
2004-06-16 4:54 PM
in reply to: #31665

User image

Regular
Boise ID
Subject: RE: worried about warm water no wetsuit (Newbie)
Do as much of your training as possible without a wetsuit. Then when you put one on for race day you will feel like you're flying. And if you don't wear one on race day - no problem - all of your training has been without one anyway.

Be careful not to get too attached to the wetsuit to the point that you use it as a crutch.

Use it sparingly so it becomes a psychological advantage on race day - like race wheels for your bike.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » worried about warm water no wetsuit (Newbie) Rss Feed