General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mens or women's wetsuit for a tall woman? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-06 8:58 PM

New user

Subject: Mens or women's wetsuit for a tall woman?
I am trying to decide on a wetsuit. I am 6'1"/6'2" and 180 lbs. I would say I am a lot of leg but still have a long torso, flat chest.  I fall into a women's largest size or mens large mostly according to the size charts/info for the wetsuits I am considering (Neosport mostly because of cost).  Is there a big difference between the two?  I am sure the bust is cut differently but for me that doesn't matter much.  Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

2012-06-07 8:46 AM
in reply to: #4248862

User image

Pittsburgh
Subject: RE: Mens or women's wetsuit for a tall woman?
I went with an Exterra suit and their online sales support was helpful.  They also told me if it doesn't fit, I can send it back for another size.  I ended up with a Men's medium/large long.  I am a little shorter than you at 5'10", about the same weight, but I'm a 36C.  My suit fits me great for a men's suit not really cut right in the chest.
2012-06-07 2:23 PM

User image

Veteran
, Nova Scotia
Okay...I'm a dude who bought a dude's wetsuit. That said, I second the comment about Xterra's online support. I explained my situation, they made a recommendation and backed with a full-return policy, but it fit right out of the box. Price is right, too, and there is often a coupon code for BTers, club members, USAT, etc.

Good luck
2012-06-09 10:20 PM

User image

Veteran
Tempe, Arizona
I'm 5'10" and also about 175-180 lb.  I have a Zoot Synergy women's XL full sleeved wetsuit and it fits me beautifully.  I'm big shouldered and broad chested + C cup, but the men's suits just didn't fit me very well.  The Zoot is a great fit, a bit short in the legs for me (I have long legs though, 34" inside leg) but that doesn't bother me.  However, it has an absolutely fantastic fit on the arms and for me that paramount.  I can really recommend it.  I've had it about 2 years and done 5 sprint tris, oodles of Splash and Dashes, and a fair few OWS's (up to 4 km), and I've loved it for every swim. 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Mens or women's wetsuit for a tall woman? Rss Feed