General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin 910 in multisport mode with HRM Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-17 6:15 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Kobenhavns Kommune
Subject: Garmin 910 in multisport mode with HRM

Hi,

Yesterday I did my first try, I didn't swim with the HRM since I don't have a tri suit and it wouldn't work underwater anyway. So, I got it on in T1. Home I see it hasn't recorded any HR data Frown It suppose that since it didn't detect the HRM before the race it gave up and I should have done a rescan in T1. That would have cost me precious minutes navigating through the menus Frown (note to self: it's Settings->Run Settings->Heart Rate->ANT+HR->Restart scan *sigh*)

So, question is: For the HRM to work correctly in multisport mode, do you have to wear it for the entire race? Or, will it stop functioning in the swim and never rescan as you change sport? Anyone tried HRM in multisport?

Thanks, Erik

2012-06-17 6:54 AM
in reply to: #4265413

User image

Coastal Carolina
Subject: RE: Garmin 910 in multisport mode with HRM
I've used it twice without an issue both were wetsuit swims though and had it on there.  Maybe try to get it to pair up before race then take off the strap before you start the swim.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin 910 in multisport mode with HRM Rss Feed