General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Week 1 down 39 to go Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-24 6:40 PM

User image

Colorado Springs, Maryland
Subject: Week 1 down 39 to go

So my first week is gone and I have dropped 5 pounds, unfortunately it's the same five pounds I have lost and gained for the last seven years. :P However, I have been keeping an eye on what you folks have been saying and have stayed away from sugar so I won't crave it and that is working wonders. I managed 80 minutes on the bike, though 40 was recum and 40 upright, but it was awesome and I got rather hyper afterwards, felt great but scared the husband lol.

I have not ridden a 'real' bike since I broke my back and to be honest the idea is kind of scary. Any suggestions about how to get back to riding out of doors again?

This week is going to be fun, can't wait to get it started!

241/236/141

2012-06-25 2:41 PM
in reply to: #4277898

User image

Subject: RE: Week 1 down 39 to go

Congratulations on the five pounds--that's a solid start that you can continue to build off of.  Five leads to five more, then five more.  It's like a triathlon--just keep celebrating that last mile, and before you know it, you're at your goal. 

As for the bike--climb on and go.  Focus on something other than your past accident--enjoy the beauty of the outdoors, the wind, the smells.  Think about your body reshaping itself, and becoming stronger.  Remember why you are doing this and let that push out all the negative thoughts. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Week 1 down 39 to go Rss Feed