General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Round Rock Doer (as oppose to tri, ok bad pun) TriRock Austin in September Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-06-26 10:48 AM

Subject: Round Rock Doer (as oppose to tri, ok bad pun) TriRock Austin in September
After watching my wife complete 4 tri and start tranning for Olympic during the austin TriRock in September I'm going to do my first tri.
I figure if I'm ever going to get to see her I have to get in the game.
I turn 50 this year played tons of sport but I see that ending and tired of being old guy on the team. That said I still need to stay in shape and see myself missing the reason to train, competition.
Looking for others who are training as I ramp up for this first event.
Oh I failed to mention my wife took first in her age group in her first event. No pressure.

2012-06-26 10:55 AM
in reply to: #4280970

Subject: RE: Round Rock Doer (as oppose to tri, ok bad pun) TriRock Austin in September
Did my first open water swim last week. This was after I swam along with my wife on a boogie board with fins on as she did her mile training swim. I had a leash with a floating on it when I swam. Freaked out in the first 10 yards and had to use it after I swollewed some water. Only swam 500 meters. Felt fine was windy making for choppy water at lake pfhuggleville
What kills me is my fear of swimming. When I was in San Diego I boogie boarded every morning catching big waves all by myself. The prospects of being in there with other people racing is my biggest fear but I am determined to beat it.
2012-06-26 11:03 AM
in reply to: #4280970

Subject: RE: Round Rock Doer (as oppose to tri, ok bad pun) TriRock Austin in September

Welcome!  I'm pretty new myself so I don't really have any advice for you.  But I thought I'd say hi since I grew up in Austin (but I live in New Jersey now).  I miss it sometimes (more in the winter than the summer...).  Smile  anyway, good luck!  I've found that this is a really supportive forum.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Round Rock Doer (as oppose to tri, ok bad pun) TriRock Austin in September Rss Feed