General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Aerobars Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2006-06-06 12:07 PM

Subject: Aerobars
Hi..

I was wondering how much you can improve your time at 20 k after buying aerobars.
Now I´m riding with a common handlebar. Some people say different things. I´ve heard that you can gain much time in the headwind.

How much do the optimal saddle height and the saddle position do in a race (20k sprint)?

One last question, the cadence. What is the optimal cadence in a triathlon bike race? I´ve heard that 90 rpm are optimal but after saying that the subject - you have to saving your legs to the run. What´s the difference between 80 and 90?

Thanks
/Gurre - Swedish triathlete

2006-06-06 3:55 PM
in reply to: #444919

User image

SF Bay Area, Mountain View
Subject: RE: Aerobars
do you realize this is the Classifieds?
you should repost in Tri Talk.

aeros - that's a pretty broad question. i'm not going to go into this here.

about cadence - 90 is the optimum for running (i don't know how the world arrived at this, but it works. after several years of running i checked my cadence and it was right at 90) so naturally you should try to keep your bike cadence close to your running cadence. makes the transition much easier.

cyclist don't always adhere to high cadence. check out Jan Ullrich, for example.

also: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...

Edited by awol 2006-06-06 4:00 PM
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » Aerobars Rss Feed