General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bike opinions... NYC tri Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-07 8:47 PM

Subject: bike opinions... NYC tri

A LBS offered me a 2011 (new) madone 6 series (interesting i couldn't figure out what number by looking at the bike, teal/blue color) with SRAM force for 3.1k having seen a bike with force for that  little.

also tried a 2012 madone 5.2 with ultegra for several hundred more that the 6 series

( had tried a 5.2 2011 madone which was offered for 2.5k but had an issue with alot of toeoverlap which just bugged me but didn't notice it on eith of these madones...strange though I did make a little cleat adjustment which might have helped...)

Interesting this shop had cervelos so I had to try. Unfortunately the only one they had in my size 54 was a S3 with Dura ace and  there's no way i could justify the cost...didn't notice the dif besides the $ on the ultegra vs dura ace but it was a great ride. Seemed faster and handled better (ingnoring the dura ace) than either of the treks...I guess the so so  stock bontrager tires were a big  difference.

Any opions on Scott will be looking at some...

(just looking @ road bikes)

Good luck to everyone doing NYC tomorrow. Will be volunteering to hopefully be able to participate  in 2013

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bike opinions... NYC tri Rss Feed