General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » couch to Tri check off bucket list Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-07-16 5:33 PM

Subject: couch to Tri check off bucket list
I just turned 33 & am a mom of 2. I haven't worked out regularly in about 3 years & have never done any type of race. This is a first for me & a triathlon is on my bucket list, so I figured why not trying a sprint only 20 minutes from my house. I just started working towards my goal today so I have plenty of time. I did talk a friend into doing this with me & she has run a few 5K's before, but not me. Today I swam 100m & ran/walked 1.25ml. It didn't seem that hard to me, so we'll see how biking is tomorrow. I'm using Michael Pate's plan I think it's the couch to try easy plan. Any helpful advise is greatly appreciated. I really don't know what all I'm going to need, but I did purchase a wetsuit today because it was a really good deal.

2012-07-16 5:46 PM
in reply to: #4314684

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: RE: couch to Tri check off bucket list

Welcome to BT and triathlon!

Beware. You may think this is a bucket list item but triathlon has a very insidious way of creeping into your psyche and taking firm root there. And then it's all over but the new-race-bike buying

If you click on BEGINNERS underneath the Programs icon (top left) and read the first article (and everything else there) that will give you a very good idea of the basics and how to get started and what you'll need.

Good luck!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » couch to Tri check off bucket list Rss Feed