General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Solesupports Orthotics, Anyone w/ experience? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-06-08 8:45 PM

User image

Master
Rochester, NY
Subject: Solesupports Orthotics, Anyone w/ experience?
My podiatrist is strongly suggesting SoleSupport orthotic inserts to treat my plantar fasciitis. Does anyone have experience using inserts from this company?

The podiatrist was saying that they are unique in making sure they get your foot in its regular state while weightbearing versus some other form that might not as fit well. Further, the podiatrist was asserting that they should last for years.

Thanks for people's insights. I'd rather have some good info before I drop $400 bucks on a pair.

Thanks in advance

2006-06-08 9:07 PM
in reply to: #448260

User image

Master
Harvard, Illinois
Subject: RE: Solesupports Orthotics, Anyone w/ experience?
Before spending the money I am glad to see that you are asking some questions. I am of the opinion that orthotics are the worst thing in the world for a person. I am flat footed and normally would probably need them except for the fact that I have very strong feet. I run barefoot. Now before you have a panic attack about it I would suggest you look at www.barefootrunning.org Write to Ken Bob Saxton and ask him about the benefits. One day of running barefoot on the grass can prevent injuries and strengthen your legs and feet. I have incorporated barefoot running into my training since the I was a teenager in the 80's. The only time I get injured is in the winter when running with shoes on. It never fails, when I am barefoot the most serious injury I get is an occasional splinter. I hope this helps you and others.
2006-06-09 12:22 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ontario

When I started running several years ago I had a lot of trouble with plantar fasciitis. I went through 3 pairs of custom made orthotics and a few off the shelf orthotics. Some of these helped with the PF but caused other problems. I have not tried SoleSupport orthotics. I have been a big fan of Birkenstocks for a long time, so when I spotted a sports orthotic made by Birkenstock I tried those. I have not had any foot trouble since then. I wear Birkenstock sandals around the house, and have their sports orthotics in all my shoes. You may have to shop around until you find something that works for you. Of course the other advice is lots of stretching.

Dave

2006-06-11 8:53 PM

User image

Master
Rochester, NY
Dave and Rowdy, thanks for the insights. i'll look into those topics.

Regards
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Solesupports Orthotics, Anyone w/ experience? Rss Feed