General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Oh go on then...here I go?!?!?!?!? Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-06 4:30 PM

Subject: Oh go on then...here I go?!?!?!?!?

Hi everyone.  

First ever posting on a forum...EVER!!  I am really wanting to do my first triathlon.  I have an entry for Tatton Triathlon Sprint distance (Manchester, UK) in September but I am no way fit enough to take part.  I am also hoping that if I can structure training it can help with weight loss.  I am 6'4" tall and 15st13lb (223lbs) and am hoping to get down to 15st5lb (215lbs)...I was 16st12lbs (236) one month ago.  

Have been in the gym every day for the last couple of weeks and following (very loosely) a weight watchers points programme).  Am a member of a Virgin Active Gym and they are doing a gym based triathlon in November (2.5km on the treadmill, 10km on the bike, 400m in the pool).  I did it last Thursday and got through it in 50mins38secs start to finish, including all transitions and a shower in between bike and pool...not getting into the pool that sweaty!!  

Anyway...now not a lurker.  Am looking for a training programme to follow if anyone has any details, tips, help, etc. etc etc.

David

2012-08-08 2:36 AM
in reply to: #4349898

User image

Champion
Santa Cruz, California
Subject: RE: Oh go on then...here I go?!?!?!?!?
welcome ~ go to the forums and find all kinds of various topics that are being discussed on a daily basis....there are also monthly challenges that in the challenge thread ~ great for motivation and to meet other bt ers good luck!
2012-08-10 7:15 AM
in reply to: #4352408

Subject: RE: Oh go on then...here I go?!?!?!?!?

Thanks for commenting.  I did the Virgin Triathlon again on Tuesday and completed it in 44 mins 04 seconds, so taking a full 6 minutes off my last effort last week.  

Horseriding lesson Wednesday, swimming (with the kids) yesterday and a 5km run this morning.  So still keeping up the exercise.  I was 15st10lbs this morning so am pretty pleased.

I have voted for you about 20 times on the website link you posted.  Good luck with it!!

David 

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Oh go on then...here I go?!?!?!?!? Rss Feed