General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need trainer / help developing workout program Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-08-30 2:26 PM

Subject: Need trainer / help developing workout program

So I do very well with very structured workout progreams other wise I get lazy and dont push through.

I do not have access to Crossfit equipment, but I have plenty of trails and roads for cycling/ running. Then will be signing up for a gym with a pool and weights.

I want to build strength  and endurance to eventually compete in an iron man.  But the key is overall physical strength and endruance to operate phyiscally anywhere.

Idea, thought?

thanks

2012-08-31 6:53 AM
in reply to: #4388590

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL
Subject: RE: Need trainer / help developing workout program

It sounds like you are you looking primarily for a triathlon training program rather than a strength training program.

I'd suggest you might want to try one of the beginner training plans available here on BT.  Get a sprint triathlon or two under your belt and then you can better assess your strengths and weaknesses and where you need to focus your efforts to achieve your triathlon goals.

Good luck,

Mark

2012-10-16 2:34 PM
in reply to: #4388590

Twin Cities, Minnesota
Subject: RE: Need trainer / help developing workout program

Hey smithmedic,

I just came across this thread and realize it's a bit out of date.  How is the training going?  Did you find a coach/trainer?  If not, feel free to send me an email or post here and we can talk in more detail about your goals and get some ideas on how to make them happen.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need trainer / help developing workout program Rss Feed