General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What have I done!!!4 weeks before B2B!!! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-09-19 7:22 AM

Subject: What have I done!!!4 weeks before B2B!!!
So this is tri related in a huge way and then not. I was running on Monday, heading out, whne I saw the most emmaciated stray dog(pit bull) i have ever seen even on those TV commercials. I past by, called my hubby to report. Told myself if she was there when I got back in 90 min then I would think about doing something. She was right there, too tired to move I guess. Hubby brought food and the next thing I know, we have her in our garage. Sweet sweet girl.
I have tried every rescue place in the state and no one will take this dog-"all full". My hubby has fallen in love. Thing is we have a 130# dog aggressive bullmastiff who is not happy. He is friendly with one black lab down the street so i know there is potential albiet small.
I am 4 weeks away from B2B and really don't need any distractions but my hubby has just fallen in love, she breaks both our hearts.

Have I just found a running buddy or a problem?
Cayenne

2012-09-19 7:27 AM
in reply to: #4418006

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: What have I done!!!4 weeks before B2B!!!

I guess it depends on your priorities.  If Tri's are more important than family life, the dog is a problem.  If your family life is more important, your family has just grown by 1.

2012-09-19 7:50 AM
in reply to: #4418006

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas
Subject: RE: What have I done!!!4 weeks before B2B!!!
let the husband worry about socializing the dogs and taking care of the new baby while you worry about b2b.  i don't see how a new doggie is a distraction in the least!  you won't be running with her right now, but you guys can work on it after your IM.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What have I done!!!4 weeks before B2B!!! Rss Feed