General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fraser Bike Lab Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-09-25 11:18 AM

User image

Master
Livonia, MI
Subject: Fraser Bike Lab

I'll move the thread hijak into its own thread Smile

Yes, we visited the bike lab at Fraser Bike on Saturday.  I wasn't training, just stopped in to shop bikes.  I love that place and would frequent it more often if I didn't live close to an hour away in Livonia.  I've been wishing they would expand futher west but it sounds like that's not an option for them now.

For anyone who hasn't been to the lab to ride, it's awesome and worth the trip even if it's just a few times per season for those who don't live in the area like me.  They have about 15 or so computrainers set up and can monitor everything from speed, watts and cadence to force ratio from left to right just to name a few.  Great shop, great training inovations, great knowledgable people working there.

2012-09-25 3:04 PM
in reply to: #4426604

User image

Regular
Jenison, MI
Subject: RE: Fraser Bike Lab

Having not taken the time to review the website nor visit, can you expand a little on this?  I've always heard good things about them as one of the top places in Michigan for a bike fit.  If I were to make the trip over, would you recommend an appt just to learn about all of their services (I'd be interested in learning about my power output, left/right power balance, etc).  Obviously if I were going to do a bike fit, I would schedule ahead and bring my own bike...

Your post almost makes it seem (to me) like it is an open forum for coming in and riding, and maybe a small price for some feedback rather than paying for an entire bike fit?

Sorry if this is ignorant...I'll definitely dive into their site later!

2012-09-25 6:56 PM
in reply to: #4427182

User image

Master
Livonia, MI

Not at all an ignorant question!

They are definitely one of the best places in MI for retail, bike fit and tri training resources.  There are two parts to the store, the actual retail store and the bike lab.  In the retail part of the store, they also do bike fitting.

The bike lab consists of about 15 or so computrainers all set up so they can be used individual or at the same time (almost like in a race or group ride format).  For a fee, you can come in and ride for as many hours as they are open while getting feedback directly from the system beyond what you would just get at home on your trainer.  Packages range from one time use to monthly unlimited I believe. 

You can also buy training with their tri coach who can work with you directly in the lab or can just give you a plan and coach you remotely.  Again, she offers lots of packages depending how in depth you want to go.

They are often quite busy at night and on Saturdays (closed Sundays) but I don't think they take appointments unless your having a specific service done.  You definitely need an appointment for the bike lab.

The nice thing about Fraser is that they're very tri knowledgable so it goes way beyond just the biking aspect of things.  Everyone there is super nice and helpful so definitely give a call up there if you're interested in a fitting, training or just interested in their retail.  The coach is not always there and I think they can refer you directly to her for more in depth training questions

2012-09-25 8:34 PM

User image

Expert

Leedyb, 

Noelle has it about right, though I don't think there is an unlimited ride option!   Sometimes it just feels unlimited (like during a 6 hour ride!)

I'd suggest looking at the website for a bit more detail and if you have questions, call the shop.  Everyone there is pretty good about helping you solve problems.  I've been training there since late 2009 and believe me, I've needed a lot of (some very basic) questions handled. 

PS...disclaimer...I race for Team Fraser

2012-09-26 3:44 PM
in reply to: #4427629

User image

Elite
Laguna Beach

I've met the lads from Fraser and they are very, very impressive. They run a top notch operation worthy of visiting. Honestly, they are one of a relatively small number of dealers who truly "get it".

Great staff, outstanding knowlege of the sport, constantly contributing to the multisport community and always looking for ways to improve their already great service and product mix.

I give them five stars absolutely: *****

2012-09-27 3:17 PM

Chris Goddard at Fraser Bicycle did my bike fit. I live on the other side of Lansing. It was worth the trip and you'll continue to get feedback if you chose to seek it. Even if I moved somewhere in the tri-state area I'd continue to do business with them. They're that good.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fraser Bike Lab Rss Feed