General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi. mlwarriner from Kansas City. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-09-26 12:25 PM

Subject: Hi. mlwarriner from Kansas City.

Yet another n00b to the tri world.  Not entirely sure if this will be "my thing" or not, but I'm going to give it a serious shot.  I've been road cycling semi-seriously for about a year now, mostly for health reasons, and while I enjoy it I feel like I need something "more".

A friend of mine turned me on to this place a while back, and the idea of doing tri races has interested me ever since.  Watching her progression from 27 years old on a cane to kicking all over Chicago in sprint tri's has definitely been inspirational.  As such, here I am.

(ps - Kate, if you read this, thanks again and again a million times over for helping me kick my own butt up off of the couch )

So yeah.  My goal, at least for now, is to do a Half-Iron sometime in 2014.  I don't expect to be competitive, but simply to finish without a stretcher or ambulance involved...

2012-09-26 1:22 PM
in reply to: #4428559

User image

Veteran
Kansas City
Subject: RE: Hi. mlwarriner from Kansas City.

Rule No.1  =  HAVE FUN! 

It's a fun sport, and KC has an abundance of great races. You'll meet a lot of neat people at the events. Careful though, this site is only slightly less addictive than FB. Scratch that, it's probably a little worse. Are you eyeing any events for next summer?

2012-09-26 1:47 PM
in reply to: #4428727

Subject: RE: Hi. mlwarriner from Kansas City.
Corey07 - 2012-09-26 1:22 PM

Rule No.1  =  HAVE FUN! 

It's a fun sport, and KC has an abundance of great races. You'll meet a lot of neat people at the events. Careful though, this site is only slightly less addictive than FB. Scratch that, it's probably a little worse. Are you eyeing any events for next summer?

not really eyeing any specific events yet, no.  currently my goal is to do a half-iron sometime in 2014.  i'm sure there'll be other events along the way, but i don't have anything specific in mind.

yet.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hi. mlwarriner from Kansas City. Rss Feed