General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Running Efficiently.....total immersian concept Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-11-24 6:42 AM

Veteran
Rutland Ohio (South Eastern Ohio)
Subject: Running Efficiently.....total immersian concept
In this/last months "Triathlete" magazine there was articles discussing cycling efficiency which were very informative and probably applicable. I have been working on increasing my swimming efficiency through total immersian concept. Chris Tree mentioned in the TI thread that he has applied this concept to both all three disciplines. OK....now for the question. Does anyone have any good information about increasing running efficiency? I have found some info on Cruciblefitness.com Is there a particular "feel" like in TI?

Thanks

Craig

2003-11-24 7:10 AM
in reply to: #2005

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.
2003-11-24 9:34 AM
in reply to: #2008

Veteran
Rutland Ohio (South Eastern Ohio)
Subject: RE: Running Efficiently.....total immersian concept
Chris,

I have started the experimenting myself. One of the thoughts that I took from the total immersian concept was that your core body is actually stronger than your limbs (legs and arms). I have been trying to bring this into my run through rotating my hips with every stride. My thought is that if I use my hips to push my legs I won't have to use as much leg muscle. I don't know if this is the right thing to do or not. Most of the drills I have read about for increasing your running efficiency usually include alot of exercises that put emphasis on hip motion. (striders, karaoke, side ways running, etc.)

I'll try out some of the techniques that you mentioned. I truely believe this is the best time to be working on form because most of us are in base period where we are trying to build the longer slower miles. By working on form at the same time it can keep us slow and attempt to have form even when our muscles are slightly fatigued.

Craig
2003-11-24 9:43 AM

Expert
Rockledge, Fl
Subject: RE: Running Efficiently.....total immersian concept
I have found running upright (no leaning and head up) helps me. I saw a tip to help with this that I like. Just before you start running place your hands on your back hips and push forward (bring your butt forward and in line with your core).
2003-12-02 10:22 AM

Subject: Running-
I dont mean to cause any problems! Some people are quite against this, others love it.
http://www.posetech.com/pose_method/technique.html
The Pose method site has a forumn as well, the book is intense.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Running Efficiently.....total immersian concept Rss Feed