General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Best places to trail run in Columbus Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-10-18 10:07 PM

User image

Veteran
Columbus, OH
Subject: Best places to trail run in Columbus
So I signed up for the Bigfoot 50k before I could convince myself otherwise so now I need to start getting in a few nonpavement runs after the marathon this weekend. I know I'm unlikely to find any serious hills in city limits but I figured something is better than just flat pavement. Which park is going to have the hilliest routes?

2012-10-19 8:33 AM
in reply to: #4460102

User image

Veteran
Gahanna, OH
Subject: RE: Best places to trail run in Columbus

I'm signed up for that race too.  Struggling with some minor foot injuries right now, so training is suffering a bit.  The best trails I have found so far are at Highbanks.  You can get about 7 miles of trail in a loop (once you figure it all out, easy to get lost) with some rolling hills.

Hope that helps, good luck this weekend and see you at the 50K.

2012-10-21 9:53 AM
in reply to: #4460102

User image

Veteran
Wilson, NC (East of Raleigh, NC)
Subject: RE: Best places to trail run in Columbus

Highbanks Trail, and Battelle Darby trail (there is a hilly portion down the hill along the river/stream) are the two "hilly" options in Columbus area.

Great Seal down by Chillicothe is a great place to put in some longer weekend runs.  Central Ohio trail runners has a group on Facebook they are more up north and are utilizing Alum Creek Bridle trails.  Fleet Feet also just started a trail running group too, they are running on Saturday or Sunday mornings also at Alum Creek.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Best places to trail run in Columbus Rss Feed