General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wildflower vs IM 70.3 St George - help me decide Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-10-31 11:57 PM

User image

Regular
Los Angeles
Subject: Wildflower vs IM 70.3 St George - help me decide
Trying to build up my race schedule for next year. Trying to decid between these 2. Wildflower is closer to my home base. St George might be more challenging. I did the Wldflower this year and the run was a pure sufferfest, so I would like see if I can do better next year. But the St George on the other hand is a call of the strange

Thoughts?

2012-11-01 9:39 AM
in reply to: #4477986

User image

Regular
Newbury Park, CA
Subject: RE: Wildflower vs IM 70.3 St George - help me decide

I had the same decision to make for next year.  Like you, I have done Wildflower, so I thought that something new would be exciting & signed up for SG.  Ya, the course may be a bit harder, but it should be fun in a beautiful area.

2012-11-01 10:04 AM
in reply to: #4477986

User image

Subject: RE: Wildflower vs IM 70.3 St George - help me decide

I would say if you have already done Wildflower and you have never been to St. George then you should definitely do St. George.  I am local to SLC and have been to St. George for many races including the marathon so I am very familiar with the venue.  The course should be VERY challenging.  The run is no joke.  So if you are looking for a PR this is probably not the course for that. 

However, they say St. George has some of the best volunteers in the entire Ironman circuit and that the races there are ultra organized.  People had nothing but good things to say about the race even last year when it looked like a hurricane was going to kill somebody.  Definitely a testament to the race organizers and volunteers.

Southern Utah is truly one of the most beautiful places on earth.  This is not hyperbole on my part.  I have been and lived in many places in Central and South America, Europe, and I am originally from the Caribbean.  I can tell you that Southern Utah, especially Zion National Park, has some of the most beautiful scenery that I have ever seen.  I would definitely make a vacation of your visit.

As for me, I'm already signed up for St. George 70.3.  Hope to see you there in May.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wildflower vs IM 70.3 St George - help me decide Rss Feed