General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Another newbie - welcome to ME! Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-12-07 1:10 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Subject: Another newbie - welcome to ME!

OH boy.  Someone on the runningahead forums recommended your website and it seems.....overwhelming

Let's see.....avid mountain biker turned road rider.....tried to run a bit and was training for a half marathon and now I'm recovering from a stubborn stress fracture.  Doctor said "you can swim and you can road ride.  That's it."  SO since August I've been swimming 3-5 days a week.  Now I figure what the heck?!  Maybe I can give this triathlon thing a go!!

I'm eyeing the Winding Trails triathlon series in Farmington, CT starting in June so I have plenty of time.

What else can I tell you?  Oh yeah.....I'll be 40 in March and this will be my first TRI solo.  I've done 2 others as part of a team and plan on doing the Big George 70.3 as a team - I'm either riding or swimming depending on who we get for our 3rd team mate.

One last thing - my husband is a mountain biker, turned road rider, turned marathon runner.  Just thought I'd throw that out there to give you an idea of what my life is like - NONSTOP!

Edited by mtnbikerchk 2012-12-07 1:14 PM

2012-12-07 8:57 PM
in reply to: #4526482

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: Another newbie - welcome to ME!
mtnbikerchk - 2012-12-07 1:10 PM

OH boy.  Someone on the runningahead forums recommended your website and it seems.....overwhelming

Let's see.....avid mountain biker turned road rider.....tried to run a bit and was training for a half marathon and now I'm recovering from a stubborn stress fracture.  Doctor said "you can swim and you can road ride.  That's it."  SO since August I've been swimming 3-5 days a week.  Now I figure what the heck?!  Maybe I can give this triathlon thing a go!!

I'm eyeing the Winding Trails triathlon series in Farmington, CT starting in June so I have plenty of time.

What else can I tell you?  Oh yeah.....I'll be 40 in March and this will be my first TRI solo.  I've done 2 others as part of a team and plan on doing the Big George 70.3 as a team - I'm either riding or swimming depending on who we get for our 3rd team mate.

One last thing - my husband is a mountain biker, turned road rider, turned marathon runner.  Just thought I'd throw that out there to give you an idea of what my life is like - NONSTOP!

Once you get over the immensity of the site - you will see it for what it is --> and incredibly supportive place.  Good luck on the 70.3 and with keeping up with the husband!

2012-12-13 10:05 AM
in reply to: #4526482

User image

Stuart, FL
Subject: RE: Another newbie - welcome to ME!
This is a great source to accelerate the learning curve. Welcome.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Another newbie - welcome to ME! Rss Feed