General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Scott Plasma 30 vs Trek Speed Concept 7.0 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-01-01 8:59 PM

Subject: Scott Plasma 30 vs Trek Speed Concept 7.0
Both bikes fit and found similar pricing between both bikes; I just can't decide between the two. The most important thing to me is the frame - components and wheels are replaceable when I'm ready to upgrade (which will be a while), I just want to make sure I get the best bike for me. Anyone have experience on either of these or both? What's your feedback? Which frame felt stiffer, handled better, climbed better, provided more comfort, was more adjustable, etc.? Any feedback will help. Thanks.

2013-01-02 7:42 PM
in reply to: #4557061

User image

Expert
Greenville, SC
Subject: RE: Scott Plasma 30 vs Trek Speed Concept 7.0

i have the plasma 30, love it.  i had a felt b16 for a while and i much prefer the scott.  the frame is pretty stiff, and very light for a TT frame.  the LBS i went to didn't carry trek so i didn't get to test the speed concept at the same time so i can't really offer a review comparing my experience with the two.  i think the trek has a lower than normal bottom bracket height than most bikes, ~8cm lower.  which might give you slightly better handling sometimes, but its going to limit your ability to pedal around turns/curves in the road, especially while maintaining any kind of speed, unless you want to put a pedal in the pavement.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Scott Plasma 30 vs Trek Speed Concept 7.0 Rss Feed