General Discussion Triathlon Talk » H2O Audio for Ipod shuffle Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-01-04 1:10 PM

User image

Subject: H2O Audio for Ipod shuffle

Has anybody used the H2O waterproof case for the shuffle?  I'm looking for something to help with the boredom of swimming laps and was curious what others thought.

2013-01-05 9:29 AM
in reply to: #4562328

User image

Expert
Temple, TX
Subject: RE: H2O Audio for Ipod shuffle
I bought this and used it a couple of times.  I have to admit I must have weird ear canals, because I have a hard time getting earbuds to fit right.  I ended up spending more time fussing with the ear buds that it drove me crazy, and the sound would cut out every time I did a flip turn due to the water pressure.  That said I use mine all the time for running... they make a special visor and hat that you can wear it on the back of your head and I never have to worry if I get caught in the rain and it's easy to work the controls while running.  You cannot detach the ear buds and one gets static-y everyonce in awhile, so it would be nice if you could change them out.  I know most people love this for swimming though, I'm sure you'll get more feedback!
2013-01-09 10:45 AM

User image

Master
Nashville, TN
i bought them but to be honest only lasted a few months,

look in teh review section for more info
2013-01-13 11:02 AM

User image

New user

I got one for Christmas last year from my fiancé and have really enjoyed it.  I find it helps keep my in the pool longer than I normally would (i.e. 40 laps instead of 20).  I have had it for year now and it still works fine.  Sometimes the earphones fall out and I have to reset them which is kind of a pain (a swim cap may help), but other than that I have no problems and would buy it again.

However, if you don't have an iPod shuffle already, it might be worth considering one of those waterproof ones since it would be a smaller item on the back of your head and you could pick out your own headphones.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » H2O Audio for Ipod shuffle Rss Feed