General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bone Island 1/2 Iron distance tri, Key West 2013 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-01-13 10:04 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
, Guam
Subject: Bone Island 1/2 Iron distance tri, Key West 2013

Me and my cheerleader/coach/prettiest girl at the dance MaryLotus went to Key West for my first every 1/2 Iron distance triathlon on 1-12-13.  We had a great time and great race and my first every 1/2 Iron distance 1st place for 60-64M AG. I posted a race record.  We had a good time at the well run race with lots of nice volunteers, generally good though windy weather.  The seas were a little rough and the swim course was a zig zag and at times I was surprised as my finger tips scrapped the sea bottom. I had no swim mishaps but saw one swimmer with a bleeding head injury exit the water. The road surface for the bike was the roughest I haved tri raced on so my hands/feet/head/neck and shoulders were aching by the time the 56mi ride was over.  The road was so rough that there were water bottles, bento bags and all other bike stuff along the road that riders had had vibrate off their bikes.  The run was well marked and supported until the last 2mi.  There was plenty for food and drink and support at the finish.  I was in worse physical shape than I realized at the finish but managed to stay out of the EMS tent.  Because I had never done a 1/2 Iron distance tri, I didn't really know that I could place 1st in my AG so that was a GREAT surprise.  Thanks to everyone that helped me to accomplish my ever 1/2 Iron distance tri and I hope that others had a good safe race as well

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bone Island 1/2 Iron distance tri, Key West 2013 Rss Feed