General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Pool Tri Tips - Sharing Lanes Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-06-29 10:32 PM

User image

Veteran
Kansas
Subject: First Pool Tri Tips - Sharing Lanes
I've did one triathlon this summer with an OWS, & would probably be less apprehensive if this one was OW. Anyway, tonight I got my heat & lane assignment & that there would be 2 swimmers per lane. They don't mention if swimmers with similar times are paired together.

There are heats, so I'm pretty sure it's down & back, not a snake type. I'm hoping my work on swimming this past month will produce a swim a few minutes faster crossing fingers) than I turned in.

I guess instead of sighting for buoys, I'll be sighting for the other swimmer & maybe try to hang to one side of the lane. We had a lane guide in the pool I swim in, but they took it down, so I normally follow the lane markings at the bottom.

I'd much rather be kicked than have a head-on.

2006-06-30 8:10 AM
in reply to: #470474

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Subject: RE: First Pool Tri Tips - Sharing Lanes
Since there are two swimmers per lane in each heat......they will probably have you just use 1 side of the lane.......you will go up and back the same side of the lane.....just like when you share a lane at the pool... In pool swims I like this much better than the snake swims.....you don't really have to worry about anyone else you can just do your own thing...

Good Luck
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » First Pool Tri Tips - Sharing Lanes Rss Feed