General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pirformis, tendonitis, bursitis, or something else? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-03-11 11:52 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Pirformis, tendonitis, bursitis, or something else?

Since last June after every race I do I get glute soreness and around soreness around outer waste line.  I doesn't hurt to walk, bike, or swim ( and I don't even feel it).  It doesn't hurt to run but it makes it difficults because its uncomfortable.  I noticed it the most the last two days getting out of bed but it would go away with a minute or two after moving around.  It seems to get better with rest and goes away immedetly when I stop running.  The other race I did in the Summer it would go away with a few days of rest and reduced training but I could ramp up really fast with no problem.  I was running 50+ miles the last 8 weeks.  I did a 10miler 3/2/13 and was fine until I woke up Wednesday (3/6/13) with this glute soreness and hip soreness. (its more tightness/uncomfortable than sore). 

Any thoughts on what this might be?

2013-03-11 11:56 AM
in reply to: #4655053

User image

Extreme Veteran
Villanova
Subject: RE: Pirformis, tendonitis, bursitis, or something else?

What types of stretches help with it?  I have a similar perhaps not exactly the same condition that I've narrowed down to piriformis/sciatic nerve issue.  I find when I'm dilligent with stretching and foam rolling that it almost disappears, but when I'm not doing those things it comes back.  Here are the best links for self treatment of my condition that help.

How to Fix Piriformis Syndrome - YouTube

http://www.athletestreatingathletes.com/self-treatment-system/

Hope this helps some.

2013-03-11 12:04 PM
in reply to: #4655066

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: RE: Pirformis, tendonitis, bursitis, or something else?
I do stretch after every run but thats it.  I did some foam rolling the last few days but not really consistent enough.  It seems this time it is really flaring up!  I tired to run my long run Sunday but could only get 6.5 miles because I had sharp soreness in my lower glute.  It was affecting my stride.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Pirformis, tendonitis, bursitis, or something else? Rss Feed