General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner triathlete, nutritional info Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-03-21 6:13 AM

Subject: Beginner triathlete, nutritional info

Hi there, 

I am just starting swimming, as a way of deciding if i will do a triathlon. I am a runner, but currently injured with a stress fracture which has lead to considering the triathlon. 

I have been swimming for the past couple of weeks with a triathlon club, for an hour 3 times a week in the morning. Doing warm up 6-8 x 4/5 drills to get the front crawl technique then the 6-10 front crawl 

I am really enjoying it, loving a new challenge but as i know nothing about swimming i was just wondering if anyone had any nutritional guidance in terms of swimming? I dont know whether its just me but after the early morning sessions i find im starving even after my breakfast. I also take a  banana before. I find that my heart rate is pretty high during the swimming. 

I would just like to know for future reference, as i only really know about running nutrition

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2013-03-21 6:39 AM
in reply to: #4668461

User image

Veteran
Pittsburgh, PA
Subject: RE: Beginner triathlete, nutritional info
If you are fine with nutrition during but starving after there was another thread that suggested a quick dip in the hot tub or a hot shower. The pool lowers your body temp slightly and that makes you hungry.
2013-03-21 6:41 AM
in reply to: #4668478

Subject: RE: Beginner triathlete, nutritional info
Aw I never knew that, I did have a hot shower after.  Thanks very much I will give the hot tub a go next time! 
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Beginner triathlete, nutritional info Rss Feed