General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone do Westchester Toughman Half in NY? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-01 10:48 AM

User image

Veteran
Subject: Anyone do Westchester Toughman Half in NY?

I have been looking for a 70.3 to do toward the end of my season and found this one...Has anyone done this?  If so, what did you think?  It looks nice and very close to home...Thanks

2013-04-01 11:36 AM
in reply to: #4681829

User image

Champion
New York, NY
Subject: RE: Anyone do Westchester Toughman Half in NY?

I know lots of people who have done it - moved to NY a couple of years ago and have heard nothing but good things

take a look at people's race reports

2013-04-01 12:28 PM

im a BOP and this was a great/challenging HIM.   i did TM last year and enjoyed the challenge.   the bike and run kept going up and down, up and down.   there's one tough hill that you do twice, but you get to ride down the hill after the turnaround.   all the other hills are pretty much rollers.    here's my opinion on the run, it's great because you run through the forest and trails at certain points during the course.   the run goes like this, you run up a hill, then another hill and then run down a hill.   repeat the process at the next section.  

here's the absolute worst part of TM and why i wont do this race anymore.   there are bees waiting for you when you finish.  actually, they are around at T2 so if you decide to do this just be careful about getting gatorade over yourself or your bike.    

2013-04-02 5:34 AM

User image

Veteran
Thanks for the info...I will try and find some race reports on it.  As for the hills, I live and train on them regularly so that's not a concern for me.  In a weird way, I almost prefer a few hills on the bike.  As for the bee's, i'm doomed....I always seem to spill my sports drink on me at some point during a race.  Especially the run...again, thanks for the info
2013-04-02 11:51 PM

I did this in 2011 and I highly recommend it. Very well organized. They changed the bike course last year from riding the back roads to riding on the freeway. As the other poster said plenty of hills on the bike and run. Hey it's been selling out for the past three years. I am planning on doing it this year. Didn't experience the bees 2011 but saw them when my kids did the Toughkids last year.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Anyone do Westchester Toughman Half in NY? Rss Feed