General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Chunky couch potato to triathlete in 5 months.... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-08 11:23 AM

Subject: Chunky couch potato to triathlete in 5 months....
I needed a goal to work towards in my attempt to get fit and lose weight. My very good friend completed his 1st half ironman last year and his about to do the full one this summer here in the UK.....he has inspired me and I'm booked to enter a sprint triathlon in July. I'm following a structured program, training 6 days a week and actually really enjoying it. In 1 month I have increased my overall fitness levels and dropped at least 2 trousers sizes allready....struggling a bit with the swimming as I need to improve my breathing technique but I'm sure with practice I'll get there....roll on July 21st!

2013-04-08 11:32 AM
in reply to: #4691441

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL
Subject: RE: Chunky couch potato to triathlete in 5 months....

Welcome to BT and congratulations on your progress to date!

Lots of good information and nice, supportive folks here on this forum. 

Good luck with your training and keep having fun!

Mark

2013-04-08 11:37 AM

User image

Awesome!  You found the right place to be for sure.  There are a ton of folks here who can help you along the way and lots of really great resources.  Check out the race report section any time you need a little encouragement!

You can do it buddy!

2013-04-08 1:04 PM

Thanks for the encouragement .....allready found some great swimming breathing advice on the site.....eager to get to the pool to try it out.
2013-04-09 8:16 PM

User image

Veteran
Houston, TX
I can relate. I was a chunky couch potato last July. I've since dropped 2 stone and did my first tri. I like having a race on the calendar to keep me motivated. Triathlons are so much better than the gym which I could never stick with... not to mentioned tri folks are a much better lit than the typical gym rats.
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Chunky couch potato to triathlete in 5 months.... Rss Feed