General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Brand new to the sport - just learning to swim Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-04-22 9:51 PM

Subject: Brand new to the sport - just learning to swim

Hi - I just started training for my first ever sprint triathlon and my first challenge is to learn how to swim. I never learnt is a child so i'm excited about overcoming my fear of open water. I'll be turning the big 50 next month and I was hoping I could meet a newbie triathlete who lives in South Florida who may want to learn how to swim and train together. My future dream is to participate in a Ironman in 3 years. Hope to hear from someone soon!!

Patty

2013-04-22 10:46 PM
in reply to: #4710893

User image

Extreme Veteran
Penticton, BC
Subject: RE: Brand new to the sport - just learning to swim

Hi Patty and welcome to BT.  This is a great place to learn all about Tris and to get encouragement and inspiration.  Plus, you'll soon find 50 is still young-ish here.

For swimming - bite the bullet and get some coaching to get you started.  It will give you a great leap forward.

I also recommend reading race reports for any races in your area that you may be interested in.  And, volunteer to help at any local tri's to learn how they're run and to meet other like-minded people in your area.

Good luck and have fun.

2013-04-25 6:30 AM
in reply to: #4710951

User image

Subject: RE: Brand new to the sport - just learning to swim

Welcome to the family Patty!

I'm sure you will do awesome and think of how proud you will feel once you get the hang of swimming. Soon it will feel like riding a bike. Which will also feel familiar.

Welcome again

Bryan

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Brand new to the sport - just learning to swim Rss Feed