General Discussion Triathlon Talk » To those who have done Lifetime Tri in 05 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-07-11 9:02 AM

User image

Master
A Prairie Home
Subject: To those who have done Lifetime Tri in 05
I got 3 questions:
1. Where would be the best place to find parking?
2. Looks like my wave wouldn't start until 10am. What can I do between 7a (or even earlier) to 10a to kill time?
3. (I guess this last one is for everybody) Weather forecast is calling for 98F humid heat. Should I be drinking gatorade instead of just water?

Many thanks in advance. I am freaking out now.

2006-07-11 1:39 PM
in reply to: #478710

User image

Master
Dayton, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: To those who have done Lifetime Tri in 05

I did it in '04, but hopefully my answers still apply.

1. I don't know the street names, sorry, but we parked just over the bridge in the residential neighborhood and had no problem getting out. It was a bit of a walk to get to the car, but much less congested once we got there.

2. My start time was 10:32, so I had this problem too. I just wandered and watched. There's not a whole lot else to do, really. Make sure you have any food you need out of transition before they close it. I just grabbed my cap, goggles, water, and cereal, and watched the pros race while I waited. They will have the vendors set up too, if you want to browse.

3. Yes. And think about Endurolytes or something similar if you tried them before.

Have fun!

2006-07-11 1:54 PM
in reply to: #478710

User image

Pro
A farming town in MN
Subject: RE: To those who have done Lifetime Tri in 05

Denise2003 - 2006-07-11 9:02 AM I got 3 questions: 1. Where would be the best place to find parking?

Last year we parked just west of Nokomis.  77N (Cedar) past 62 (Crosstown).  Take a left at the 1st light.  Residential neighborhoods.  We found a spot just 2 blocks west of the light, rode our bikes with gear bags strapped around our shoulders.

2. Looks like my wave wouldn't start until 10am. What can I do between 7a (or even earlier) to 10a to kill time?

Talk to people.  Not much else to do.  Talked to running buddies.  Talked to triathletes I met swimming at Nokomis.  Took a nap.  Brought some old sandals and an old cotton T which I didn't mind losing.  Left them close to the swim area before my wave.  They were there when i got back.  Drink lots 'o Gatorade.

3. (I guess this last one is for everybody) Weather forecast is calling for 98F humid heat. Should I be drinking gatorade instead of just water? Many thanks in advance. I am freaking out now.

See #2.  BTW, forecast is for 102. 

Denise, what time are you going to the Expo Friday?  I've got a half day at work, my co-workers are taking me out to lunch (last day at work), and I should be to the Convention Center at about 2pm.  Maybe you can hook up with some other BTers at the expo.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » To those who have done Lifetime Tri in 05 Rss Feed