General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin 305 HR Monitor Not Working Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-07 4:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Garmin 305 HR Monitor Not Working

Hoping that my HR monitor hasn't just died...

The past couple times I have ran/biked, my 305 has not displayed HR data.  I changed the battery, even though the old one still read 2.9 volts.  I also messed with the strap, made sure it was moistened, made sure the battery contacts were touching the battery, and tried to re-pair the strap multiple times.  I also tried a soft reset.

Finally I tried my wife's HR monitor from her 110 and it worked fine on my 305 without even pairing it.  Also, my speed/cadence sensor on the bike still works fine so it definitely does not appear to be a problem with the watch itself.

Any other ideas?  Or should I just buy a new strap?

2013-05-08 7:51 AM
in reply to: #4732038

User image

Expert
Albuquerque, NM
Subject: RE: Garmin 305 HR Monitor Not Working
It sounds like you covered all the bases. It's probably a dead strap.

... same thing happened to me a month or so ago.
2013-05-22 12:20 PM
in reply to: wbattaile

User image

New user
the HR monitor can lockup, I had this problem with mine. The fix I found on some forum was to remove the battery for several minutes, and short the battery contacts inside the battery compartment. Then re-install the battery and try pairing again. I also found that I needed to pair away from the rf interference from my computer. Good luck.
2013-05-22 12:57 PM
in reply to: tbonanno

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by tbonanno

the HR monitor can lockup, I had this problem with mine. The fix I found on some forum was to remove the battery for several minutes, and short the battery contacts inside the battery compartment. Then re-install the battery and try pairing again. I also found that I needed to pair away from the rf interference from my computer. Good luck.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I tried all of those things except shorting the strap out. I did try putting the battery in backwards for a moment based on a suggestion I read on another forum.

Ended up just ordering a new strap from Amazon.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Garmin 305 HR Monitor Not Working Rss Feed