General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Training in Chiang Mai Thailand Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-11 12:49 AM

Subject: Training in Chiang Mai Thailand

I am training for my first half Ironman and need training partners.   Is there anyone else training in North Thailand?  

2013-05-11 1:05 AM
in reply to: #4737492

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Training in Chiang Mai Thailand
Welcome! Unfortunately can't help you out with training partners--I'm in southern Vietnam, but I was in your shoes last year with HIM training. Hope you can find someone, at least for those long rides. You might also put an inquiry on the SE Asia forum. I'm pretty sure there are BT folks in Bangkok but not sure about the north. I had a bike buddy last year, but she moved to another country and since then I can almost never find anyone who's the right pace, is serious about training rather than just social rides, and whose available times fit with mine. So except for trips to the States, my tri training has been almost entirely solo. It is doable, if a bit mind-bending sometimes.  If you don't find someone, do you have or can you get a bike trainer? Boring, but it could be a godsend if there are weather/safety/time issues that make biking outside difficult.

Edited by Hot Runner 2013-05-11 1:06 AM
2014-04-11 5:11 PM
in reply to: EMily157

User image

I live in Singapore but visit Chiang Mai frequently and always enjoy training there. In fact I just got back from a week of great rides in the hills. I am also focusing on half ironman distances. Happy to meet up next time I'm there.
2014-04-12 1:55 AM
in reply to: EMily157

User image

There is a running Facebook group in Chiang Mai. I don't live in that part of the country but might find someone there.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1414507515472331/
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Training in Chiang Mai Thailand Rss Feed