General Discussion Triathlon Talk » moving to LA Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-11 8:59 AM

Veteran
Subject: moving to LA

Hello LA folks,

I am moving to LA, working downtown so would like to stay within 15 miles of downtown in my house search.   I do not have kids so my priority in living location is access to training groups  I would like to live in an area where it's easy to meet up with a morning running/evening biking group.  anyone part of a morning running group?  where do they meet?   santa moncia?  pasadena?  are there cheaper alternatives to santa monica there are still near the beach and morning runners?  also, thoughts on rides?  any info would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance

2013-05-14 2:23 PM
in reply to: #4737660

Subject: RE: moving to LA

the South Bay (manhattan beach, hermosa beach) is an option if you were unaware. Big Tri community. possibly cheaper than santa monica. Commute is kind of rough....not sure how much different than Santa Monica though. Cool place for active lifestyle.

Venice may have some cheaper housing than santa monica...also very active community...neighborhoods can be a little sketchier at night though....cool scene though. I really like the North Venice/South Santa Monica area. (just south of ten freeway)

Pasadena...is a whole different place...FAR from beach....far from everything...huge community in and of itself...considered its own place in LA. Really nice community....but I prefer the beach.

Answered quickly, I may have more insight if you ask specific questions or didn't understand what I said.

Where are you moving from? Have you ever been to/lived in LA? Where?

My background for your reference:

I've lived downtown, on the westside, hermosa beach, and venice. Currently in OC, but spend a lot of time in LA. I surf, Tri, hike, yoga, lift, and other stuff.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » moving to LA Rss Feed