BT Development New Site Bugs » Oh Gosh where to begin Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-17 2:24 PM

Subject: Oh Gosh where to begin
Today I created my account and attempted to add races to my list. Lots of broken links and failures. I am a web developer so my first thought was that this site is not good and I was going to leave, but I saw the post about the update today.

So Here is the list:
Using Firefox 20.0.1 On Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1
1. Add does not work caused by failure to log in
a. Found my event and attempted to add http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Races/Chasing-Chicken-Triathlon/L...
b. Click the add button
c. Redirected to login page
d. login
1) Login with incorrect password stays on same screen as expected
2) Login with correct password pops a redirect dialog. Once the redirect happens, I am no longer logged in.
I think most of my issues have the failure to login as the root cause. So I will skip those. But here are some others.

Using IE9.0.8112.16241 Update revision 9.0.16 (KB 2829530)
2. No Resoponse from add button
a. Login, which works then go to this race
b. http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Races/Chasing-Chicken-Triathlon/L...
c. Create button does work

3. Missing Full race report
Both of the above browsers
a. http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/Races/Reports/46009
b. first report in list
c. click the full report button
d. Takes you to http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/RaceLog/races-list.asp- which displays page not found

4. Main menu rollovers do not work
Using IE9.0.8112.16241 Update revision 9.0.16 (KB 2829530)

5. In IE, Firefox and Chrome when viewing a race, the number of reports shown in the reports button is incorrect.

6. All browsers.
all of the links in the scrolling banner on the home page fail.
Response object error 'ASP 0156 : 80004005'
Header Error
/cms/article-detail.asp, line 74
The HTTP headers are already written to the client browser. Any HTTP header modifications must be made before writing page content.
I was also able to log in using Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m - which is how I entered these issues.

Thats it for now. Let me know if you need anything else.

Mark

2013-05-17 2:52 PM
in reply to: Snapper67

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Oh Gosh where to begin

Can you go through 'adding a race' again and all bugs associated with races?  We were in the middle of fixing something in this area when you hit it judging from the URLS you gave.  I wasn't able to confirm all but #6.

Clear your caches before reconfirming.  Thanks for the detail.

2013-05-17 3:18 PM
in reply to: Ron

My version of Firefox crashed so when it restarted it updated to version 21.0. When it restarted I restored my my previous session and when I clicked on the tab for your site, I was already logged in. I was not showing as being logged in before.

I tried to add a race. I got the screen to add it and clicked save. I was brought back to the same page, but when I went to my races, the race was there.
2013-05-17 3:22 PM

I tried in IE and was unable to add from the event details page. I checked the net activity in dev tools and there is no activity when the Add button is pressed.

I was able to add an event in Chrome
2013-05-17 4:34 PM
in reply to: Snapper67

User image

Champion
Gold member

Originally posted by Snapper67  I tried to add a race. I got the screen to add it and clicked save. I was brought back to the same page, but when I went to my races, the race was there.

Ok, so you 'added' the race via the 'add' button.  It then takes you to a LOOOONG form to eventually fill out race data correct?  At the bottom you clicked 'save'...correct?  This did nothing?

I think it did the right thing as setup, but upon 'adding' it should take you directly to your race log.

2013-05-20 7:56 AM

Sorry I was offline all weekend. Had a race on Sunday.

I clicked the save button on the long form, but remained on the same page. I did confirm that the information was saved by going to the my races page.

New Thread
BT Development New Site Bugs » Oh Gosh where to begin Rss Feed  
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 13, 2012
author : tesselate331
comments : 26
Doing triathlons will help you re-energize your optimism about life and feel 30 again. I promise!

date : July 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
Third in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : August 13, 2008
author :
comments : 0
Then the race bell went off and I started swimming, and I thought I was going to die. All of my swim practice did not prepare me for the chaos that is the beginning of a triathlon.

date : January 1, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 1
You will need to practice a couple of things to get those hips to the surface of the water, where they should be. The two drills involve head position and balance.
date : November 9, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
How long should the 1st long run of a new season be and how to determine volumes when beginning training for a specific event.

date : January 1, 2006
author : browncd
comments : 1
Trials on getting a bike that fits while also being reliable
date : October 2, 2005
author : janicebondar
I committed a serious faux pas; trespassed into taboo territory, inviting all those karma chickens to come home to roost - Recounting my most recent DNS ("Did Not Start")

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 6
Couch to 5k programs for those starting from square one.