General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Blaine Tri results Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2013-05-19 9:59 PM

User image

Subject: Blaine Tri results
Anybody else do this race? Were your times also messed up on the results with splits? Mine said I was fourth out of the water with around a 10 minute swim, but my girlfriend said I came out 2nd just under 8 minutes. My T2 was listed as 23 hours and some change. My run time was over an hour with a 17min/mile pace. My total time was listed as 2:05 but if you add up the three legs you get around 2:25. I emailed the timing company to see if there was any way to figure out what my actual time and splits really were. I haven't seen any updated results yet. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm guessing I just got a chip that was a dud. Do they enter the results by hand or is it auto-populated by the computer? Could this just be a clerical error?

Either way, I'm glad I got my first triathlon done despite the weather.

2013-05-20 5:35 AM
in reply to: huggybear2254

User image

Minneapolis, MN
Subject: RE: Blaine Tri results
I did not race in Blaine, however I did look at the results. I am not familiar with the race organizer and timing company. The results are definitely a little peculiar.

Congrats on your first race.
2013-05-22 1:37 PM
in reply to: peteweb55403

User image

Regular
My neighbor and training buddy David Phillips took 3rd.
He struggled in the swim big time with cold water and lumberjack wetsuit.
He said the weather was nasty yuk for New Zealander.
2013-06-02 9:35 PM
in reply to: huggybear2254

User image

New user
I did this race and really suffered on the swim - freaking cold (59F) and the rain/wind didn't help. What I didn't care for was that your swim time was based on when you crossed the timing mat, which wasn't near the shore. But overall I was happy with my effort, since I won my age group. Then again, I was the only woman *in* my age group, since all the other women declined to start!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Blaine Tri results Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

blaine triathlon

Started by brickbd
Views: 1093 Posts: 5

2013-04-02 1:03 PM Me XMan

Inaugural Blaine Tri

Started by FoggyGoggles
Views: 1262 Posts: 6

2012-01-16 7:23 AM TooTallRunner

MN Tri-Club/Gear West tri-club Century Ride Saturday

Started by goalie
Views: 946 Posts: 4

2008-07-25 11:19 AM goalie

THEY'RE UP!!!! Tri-U-Mah results

Started by autumn
Views: 1501 Posts: 15

2006-03-01 7:40 PM autumn

St. Croix Valley Tri and Square Lake Tri maps here.

Started by jdtschida
Views: 1440 Posts: 5

2005-08-31 9:28 PM jdtschida
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2008
author : agrace
comments : 4
I couldn’t help but feel that the race had beaten me. Perhaps duathlons were more for me? No, I was more determined than ever to succeed. I was determined to get on top of my swimming.

date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.
date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.

date : March 5, 2006
author : acbadger
Has anyone out there using the resistance bands insead of weights for strength training? If so, what have your results been?
date : November 27, 2005
author : spetremears
9 weeks after my first bike ride, 5 months after my first swim and 13 months after my surgery I entered the Nelson week Tri a Tri !

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.
date : May 16, 2005
author : Glenn
The real secret to improvement in running and bike times is variety within the routine. Endurance activity requires you to vary your training for maximum results.

date : August 31, 2004
author : malvey
How to motivate yourslef into habit forming triathlon training goals.